Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,My question concerns the way to send SNMP traps as an alert format.I am totally aware that the AIP-SSM/IPS 4200 does not support syslog as an alert format.The default method is through SDEE but I really don't want to use MARS to get my security ev...

By default traffic from higher security-level interface is allowed to go to lower security-level interface, I assumed that this would allow a host on the inside network to access a host in the dmz straight out of the box. It dosen't work.I need the i...

I've reviewed the zero downtime upgrade documentation and it says that it is supported in several scenarios.  The one most closely related to my upgrade is this scenario:You can upgrade from a minor release to the next minor release. You cannot skip ...

jgagznos by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all. We have an ASA with the csc module. It works fine but we find that we have a lot of latency when we try to download large files. Mainly downloading images from Cisco. I know there are a lot of tweaks ie deferred scanning etc but I dont want t...

mbluemel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

folksi have an asa 5540 & i'm trying to allow an outside IP through the asa & into another firewall's dmz on the inside interfacethe external IP is 145.a.b.c/32 & the internal dmz address is 194.a.b.ci have a nat exempt rule allowing 145.a.b.c/32 to ...

Hi all,Iv read a many about failover cabling so pls. give me advice for next:We have two boxes of ASAa so no connector for serial cable as in PIX was and we want to configure these ASAs in stateful failover:Cisco says ... Instead of using a crossover...

gabrielgr by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a problem configuring any interface on my ASA 5510 running ASA 8.2.1. When i try to configure an interface I am unabl eto assign an IP addres, security level, name the interface or do anythingt else that would allow me to use the device. ...

rbermel83 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NAC Vs IPS/IDS

Hi All,One of the client got multiple locations. Each locations has its own Internet access. Main and DR datacenters got ASA5510. Remote users use IPSEC RA and Citrix connections (to main DC then route to internal n/w). What is the best solution.. NA...

Hi,We have a PIX-525 running 6.3.5 that is configured for our DMZ & Internet firewall.e0 = Internete1 = DMZe2 = LANWe have a number of static NATs configured for public facing servers and a PAT address for user Internet traffic.I've been asked to fin...

priedman1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I worked before on TACACS servers running on Windows but not on Unix. I am new to an environment without any documentation and I need to make sure I have access to the TACACS/ACS config.I go to my switch config and I see that 'tacacs-server 10.0.0.1'...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card