Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

The VPN works ok normally but when there is a power outage at remote site and after power/communication reusmes, we can ping router on remote site but not server which sends traffic though VPN to HO.Once the server from the remote side send pings to ...

rakesh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,How can i configure a remote client that can access my pix using telnet? i already issue the command telnet 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255 insidetelnet timeout 5ssh timeout 5terminal width 80but when asking for the password, i cant get into the pix c...

mhel by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I do have some trouble to get my dmz settings working. I have a reverse proxy, located in the dmz, which is supposed to redirect all http traffice to a certain domain to web server that is in the inside network. The PIX does NAT all connections or...

kk.ng by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,How I can connect remotly to PIX by SSH protocol, I mean what is the commands I should put it on PIX, and what is the setting for client SSH software(what is the prfered one,from where i can get it).Thanks for help

lebda by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My network setup consists of a PIX firewall connected to a switched network with the PIX in turn connected to an Internet router. The PIX is used to for both web browsing and for termination of a handful of VPN tunnels with IOS routers on the other e...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to set up a P-2-P tunnel between a business client and my company. We attempted this today, we got past phase 2 but could not pass traffic. Here is they way I need to have it configured.3005 A) NAT/PAT We need to appear as one address. I creat...

andifur by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PIX content filter

Dear Forum,our software is tunneling data (rpc-calls etc.) using http to go through firewalls on port 80.One of our customers has a pix. The pix is removing the content from our http-requests.We found that out, using a packet sniffer. We checked the ...

kiksen1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Netscreen25 and a PIX 501 with an unusual setup. Here's how it looks.-Internet | Cisco 2600 Outside routable address | Inside address 10.0.0.1 | Netscreen Outside address Port 1 10.0.0.2 | Port 3 Inside address 192.168.1.1 | ...

jwright by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question regarding my PIX 515.I am trying to find a way to allow users on the outside to access their computers here at the office via PcAnywhere through the PIX.Prior to buying this firewall, we had a NAT config set up on our 2610 router, a...

abruso by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco PIX 506e securing a small network. It has been working fine allowing internet access for my users and VPN traffic apart from a very strange fault has occured over the last couple of days whereby some users on the network have internet ...

j.khandia by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I use the logging to a syslog server(logging trap 2),168.168.44.1 is the ip address of pix(in the subnet,there are 3 unix server & about 5-6 windows workstation):2003-08-25 11:28:33 local4.critical 168.168.44.1 %pix-2-106016: deny ip spoof from (0.0....

jeff.lee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am attempting to find some type of chart that compares the features and limitations of installing a IOS based firewall compared to an actual PIX.I have searched the Cisco web site, and have come up empty.Thanks in advance.

bw3481 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card