cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Amazon Video in Sourcefire 5.4

tom234679
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to block amazon's video streaming service but not the rest of the site. Is there a way to do this? We have tried the existing filters but none of them seem to block only Amazon Video. Any suggestions?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tom,

Could you please let me know the filter that you used ?

You can also try blocking the amazon website using the shopping cateogary in the url filtering.

If you want to add a single URL cateogary , the you can manually add the url itself to block it separetly.

Rate if the answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

We are not trying to block the entire Amazon website.

We are trying to block all instant video from Amazon.

Their URLs are sporadic and change, so we have not been able to do so that way.

We have tried the application filter for "Amazon Instant Video" it does not block any video on the website.

Please advise.

It all also changes when I sign into my Prime account, whether or not we block Amazon Prime.

I see the "Bug" shows it is fixed. Can you explain how, as this morning I tried using "Application  Filtering for Amazon Prime" with no avail.

I am Tom's coworker and work with the IPS on a daily basis.

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the explanation.

If you see that the bug is fixed and still facing the issue , then we need to escalate this issue to the Engineering team with a lab repro.

Thus you need to open a TAC request with Cisco and provide the troubleshoot files along with the policy export. This will help the engineering team investigate it further and let you know the solution.

Rate if this answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

We have had this TAC case open for over a month now with no resolution. Slow replies with non-answers.

If you read his reply he also commented that the big is NOT fixed in 5.4. We can not go to 6.0 because it does not support HA.

Please read our questions before posting replies. You have continuously posted on this thread without reading the full questions/replies.

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Tom,

Currently a bug has already been filed to address this issue :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus51070/?reffering_site=dumpcr

You can subscribe the bug for the notifications regrading the fix.

Rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Ankita

I am unable to view this bug, is there anyway I can get permissions to see it?

Hi Tom,

I have made it available , you should be able to see it in 1 day.

Rate if helps.

Thanks,

Ankita

So the bug is fixed in 6.0.

6.0 nor 6.0.1. Support HA.

So can someone please explain how we get this fixed in 5.4?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card