cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

¿ Can 2 ASA clusters share a management network?

rogelioalvez
Beginner
Beginner

hello team.

I must mount 2 (two) different ASA clusters (each cluster having 2 x ASA5585 firewalls, and serving different purposes) on a customer site.

But the customer wants both clusters (in other words, the 4 firewalls) to share a common subnet for management purposes. ¿ is this a supported setup? The image below depicts the idea.

Your kind answers will be greatly appreciated

Rogelio Alvez

Argentina

cluster3.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

The configuration guide is silent on specifically calling out what you describe as supported but it's a leading recommended practice to segregate and collect your various management interfaces on a separate network segment. There's no reason it wouldn't work just fine for device management.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

The configuration guide is silent on specifically calling out what you describe as supported but it's a leading recommended practice to segregate and collect your various management interfaces on a separate network segment. There's no reason it wouldn't work just fine for device management.

Thanks a lot Marvin, and sorry for the late answer to you.

I imagined that this setup was correct, but I wanted to double check with you guys.

Best regards, Rogelio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers