Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot VPN through a Cisco Firepower 1010

MSakr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a 1010 Firepower on the edge with 2 S2S VPN connections established on it.

Now when I try to connect from a client inside of the 1010 to a VPN Gateway on the internet, it is not going through, any hints on where to troubleshoot? as these devices are limited in that

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've seen this at time when the internal system needed to use IPsec and the udp/500 ports were already in use by the firewall interface that terminates the other IPsec tunnels. One solution is to use a static NAT for that client so that it has it's own public IP. Another is to see if it can negotiate with the distant end using udp/4500 (NAT-Traversal).

Hi Marvin

This is what I thought initially that the same port might be used.

I was thinking to assign another public IP for the S2S tunnels or another IP for the public interface , whichever might be feasible on 1010 or easier.. your thoughts if it is possible? as I cannot change the peer VPN GW,

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Site to site tunnels terminating on the FTD device must use the interface address.

You can verify the active ones are using the port connection with "show conn | i 500".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card