Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA - changing LAN port

Hello Guys   

I have ASA working with having CRC errors on LAN interface and Cisco TAC said move the port to another.

To assign the same IP to another available interface, I have to delete the config on current Interface which will also delete NAT or ACLs associated with interface.

what else should be deleted?

Whats the best way to do it?

I am planning to take fresh backup of running config and change the interface and readd the missing(deleted) config.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LovejitSingh130013 

Yes, when you clear the configuration of an interface some configuration is removed. NAT is removed (if it references the interface) and the access-group command is removed, the ACL remains (certainly on 9.12 anyway). I expect the same if crypto is enabled on an interface, you'll have to re-enable that.

I'd recommending taking a backup of the configuration and expect to paste in the configuration for anything that referenced the interface you've reconfigured.

HTH

View solution in original post

as suggested the interface-related configuration will be gone, so make the new configuration ready with a new interface, by taking the old backup config, replace with new interface, in the maintenance window, change the interface and apply the new interface-related config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

did you try to change the cable and switch port instead?

try to isolate on those first before moving L3 IP/config to another ASA port.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe check with TAC, TAC meant to say move the port on the switch side?

i will try this before i change at the ASA side.

1. change the patch lead with a new one.

2. configure a new port on the switch and move the ASA connection to the new port and test it.

BB

Hello Guys,

I already tried changing cable and worked with TAC and they said it can be bad bad interface on ASA.

they asked me trying changing interface to another.

My question was regarding the procedure of changing interface, like if I delete the current LAN interface config as it is needed to configure same IP on other interface, what else will need reconfigured like NAT, ACLs etc?

as suggested the interface-related configuration will be gone, so make the new configuration ready with a new interface, by taking the old backup config, replace with new interface, in the maintenance window, change the interface and apply the new interface-related config.

BB

Hi @LovejitSingh130013 

Yes, when you clear the configuration of an interface some configuration is removed. NAT is removed (if it references the interface) and the access-group command is removed, the ACL remains (certainly on 9.12 anyway). I expect the same if crypto is enabled on an interface, you'll have to re-enable that.

I'd recommending taking a backup of the configuration and expect to paste in the configuration for anything that referenced the interface you've reconfigured.

HTH

Hello @Rob  @balaji.bandi   

I changed port successfully, Only issue I encounter was, I have to readd the radius server key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: