Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA System performance log messages

shalendra2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

What are the log messages for CPU usage, memory usage, free memory and what basis we are getting the system resources graphs

Please help me out.

Regards,

Shalendra

6 Replies 6

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think these would help you:-

%ASA-2-321005: System CPU utilization reached utilization %
%ASA-2-321006: System memory usage reached utilization %

Make sure you check the description as there is a threshold only above which it sends this syslog.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/syslog-guide/syslogs/logmsgs1.html#pgfId-4771499

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

On My ASA5508X is happened one strange thing on ID Log 321006.

log on ASDM: "System Memory usage reached 851%"

Anyone can help me to find the BUG? I didn't find out any informations about this "cosmetics" problems.

Hi Dear!

If this message occurs periodically, you can ignore it. If it repeats frequently,
check the output of the show memory command and verify the memory usage. If it is high, contact
the Cisco TAC.

and also it must not exceed more than 100%

Regards,

Shalendra

Hi,

Are you running in version 9.5.2?

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux15273/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Thanks,
Shivapramod M
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

HI Shivapramod,

I confirm to you 9.5.2 version on ASA.

Many thanks

Best regards

F.

Hi,

So the issue matches the bug which I mentioned. To find the real memory usage on the ASA you have to see the allocated memory in and then subtract that value from the RAM size. You can run the command "show memory detail" in CLI and then you can look for the section "Summary for all pools:". In this section you will see the allocated memory. This memory will be your used memory.

Thanks,
Shivapramod M
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card