Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower 7.2 - Blocking Page with Malware & File policy

aldmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to provide the blocking page when a virus/malware is blocked, from the tests I've carried out it would seem not, the blocking page is displayed only with the URL filtering feature.
So I wanted to ask if anyone can confirm that it is not possible to show a blocking page when a virus/malware is being blocked.

Thank you.

Aldo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @aldmar,

No, it is not possible to present block page when malware is blocked. You can see that in config guide here:

The system displays a response page only for unencrypted or decrypted HTTP/HTTPS connections blocked (or interactively blocked) either by access control rules or by the access control policy default action. The system does not display a response page for connections blocked by any other policy or mechanism.

Kind regards,

Milos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @aldmar,

No, it is not possible to present block page when malware is blocked. You can see that in config guide here:

The system displays a response page only for unencrypted or decrypted HTTP/HTTPS connections blocked (or interactively blocked) either by access control rules or by the access control policy default action. The system does not display a response page for connections blocked by any other policy or mechanism.

Kind regards,

Milos

aldmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Milo 

thanks for your quick reply, it seemed strange to me because with other vendors this was possible, so I thought I didn't understand how to do it.

Have a nice day!

Aldo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card