Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower 7.2 - Blocking Page with Malware & File policy

aldmar
Beginner
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to provide the blocking page when a virus/malware is blocked, from the tests I've carried out it would seem not, the blocking page is displayed only with the URL filtering feature.
So I wanted to ask if anyone can confirm that it is not possible to show a blocking page when a virus/malware is being blocked.

Thank you.

Aldo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Engager VIP Engager
VIP Engager

Hi @aldmar,

No, it is not possible to present block page when malware is blocked. You can see that in config guide here:

The system displays a response page only for unencrypted or decrypted HTTP/HTTPS connections blocked (or interactively blocked) either by access control rules or by the access control policy default action. The system does not display a response page for connections blocked by any other policy or mechanism.

Kind regards,

Milos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Engager VIP Engager
VIP Engager

Hi @aldmar,

No, it is not possible to present block page when malware is blocked. You can see that in config guide here:

The system displays a response page only for unencrypted or decrypted HTTP/HTTPS connections blocked (or interactively blocked) either by access control rules or by the access control policy default action. The system does not display a response page for connections blocked by any other policy or mechanism.

Kind regards,

Milos

aldmar
Beginner
Beginner

Hi @Milo 

thanks for your quick reply, it seemed strange to me because with other vendors this was possible, so I thought I didn't understand how to do it.

Have a nice day!

Aldo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers