Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC 1000 management interface takes to CIMC GUI

NInja Black
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have console and management (eth0 port which is labeled as '1') connections to 2 FMC 1000 devices. I am working on getting these configured. I can get to the console connections for both. However the management connection on device 1 takes me to FMC login page as it should but the device 2 takes me to the CIMC GUI instead. I have verified the cables are connected to same ports (console and 1) on both devices. Can someone please help me with the fix here. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If they are console messages (not CIMC GUI), then to direct console messages to the physical serial port: sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure_console.sh serial

The management interface should then behave normally.

If it's actually the CIMC GUI then I am at a loss on that one. I'd open a TAC case if that is what you are seeing..

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

Maybe im wrong, but management port so the "management" is signed and located up to console port. I think, you need to check your physical links.

What exact hardware models are used? Is your fmc virtual or not? What model firepower 1000 series are you using?

Yes Marvin. I agree, I wasn't expecting a CIMC on the FMC.

Not sure if someone worked on this device before I did. Is there a way to undo these changes if that was the case?

Yes, make foto of all devices and links between it.

If they are console messages (not CIMC GUI), then to direct console messages to the physical serial port: sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure_console.sh serial

The management interface should then behave normally.

If it's actually the CIMC GUI then I am at a loss on that one. I'd open a TAC case if that is what you are seeing..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card