Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE guest wifi issue

Weezy-F
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need your help. We've been dealing on this issue for a couple of months. So the issue is when users connects on our Guest Wifi once they are on office they getting a message no internet. So to fix this they need to turn off/on the wifi then they will be able to connect. 

I did check one of the IPs on Cisco ISE monitoring and I didn't see any issues at all. Also this happens only on a client provided laptop and not company owned laptop. When our company owned laptop connects on guest it doesn't have any issues at all, its just the client provided laptop and why is that happening?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreaciated.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of cert used ? 

Do you get IP address from DHCP  ?

what issue you see when you not connecting ? - is the authentication web self portal ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Yes, I was able to get an IP via DHCP and I did check it was authenticated on CISCO ISE. The weird is when the guest users who's using a laptop provided bv client when they connect on guest at start of shift they can connect on wifi but it says no internet, they can't access anything. So what they do is they need to turn off the wifi and turn it back on in order for them to be able to access the network. It seems that the laptop itself needs to release first the DNS and Renew it. WE haven't made changes on cisco ISE as far as I know.

To be honest i have observed this symptoms Windows 10 Build 1709 - when the user like to move from Ethernet to Wifi or Wifi to Wifi

The OLD DNS stuck - user get DHCP fine, but DNS still old one that is the reason not able to resolve anything.

Then we have rebuild with Windows 10 21H2 some how the it was fixed ?

so please check the DNS entry when you move from wifi to wifi = ipconfig /all ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have seen this issue countless times and in each instance the issue was due to old drivers on the PC.  I would suggest having the enduser update their wireless drivers and then test to see if this solves the issue.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card