Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Pix Firewall SSH listening on port 2022

egerritsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to tell the pix to listen on port 2022 for ssh ?

My provider is blocking port 22

Kind regards,

Edwin Gerritsen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good thought but unfortunately, it will not work. The only way we could accomplish something like this would be to use an upstream device (like an IOS router) to do the port translation (similar to the idea above). Have it hit the upstream device on port 2022 and have that device translate the destination port to 22 and send it down to the PIX.

There is no mechanism to change the listening port for SSH on the PIX.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi edwin,

There are no explicit configurations, as per my knowledge that can change the SSH port on the PIX.. I dont think you can do this. It works on port 22. You can probably opt for the version of SSH , but not the port..

Regards,

Raj

paddyxdoyle
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

This may or may not be possible so please correct me if its wrong.

Perhaps you could use the "static" command to translate any SSH connections to the outside interface on port 2022 to the inside interface on port 22 thus allowing your external client to SSH to the internal interface of the PIX using port 2022 instead of 22.

so e.g. if your outside interface is 1.1.1 and your internal interface is 10.0.0.1

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 2022 10.0.0.1 22 255.255.255.255

Rgds

Paddy

Good thought but unfortunately, it will not work. The only way we could accomplish something like this would be to use an upstream device (like an IOS router) to do the port translation (similar to the idea above). Have it hit the upstream device on port 2022 and have that device translate the destination port to 22 and send it down to the PIX.

There is no mechanism to change the listening port for SSH on the PIX.

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card