cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime with fmc

ashleybabajee
Level 1
Level 1

I have read that Cisco prime can manage and push updates/patches to Cisco devices , does Cisco Prime have any vulnerability scanner in built ? , and also can it manage FMC as well  ?

Kindly advise.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Prime Infrastructure is designed primarily for management of wireless, IOS-based switches and routers (and supports ASA software somewhat but not particularly well).

As @balaji.bandi mentioned, Cisco Prime Infrastructure cross references what it knows about the software running on managed devices with Cisco's PSIRT database to produce a report for you. It does not do any sort of vulnerability scanning but rather it does an analysis of the actual running configurations to tell you if:

a. the version has a vulnerability and

b. your configuration is susceptible to that vulnerability

It does not manage Firepower Management Center, Firepower Threat Defense or Firepower service modules in any meaningful way - mostly an up/down ping or very simple SNMP polling.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not believe it support FMC ( i know it support ASA with SFP)

here is the support matrix.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

I believe PI support PSIRT report (not used it, since Cisco smart collector deliver PSIRT for us).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Prime Infrastructure is designed primarily for management of wireless, IOS-based switches and routers (and supports ASA software somewhat but not particularly well).

As @balaji.bandi mentioned, Cisco Prime Infrastructure cross references what it knows about the software running on managed devices with Cisco's PSIRT database to produce a report for you. It does not do any sort of vulnerability scanning but rather it does an analysis of the actual running configurations to tell you if:

a. the version has a vulnerability and

b. your configuration is susceptible to that vulnerability

It does not manage Firepower Management Center, Firepower Threat Defense or Firepower service modules in any meaningful way - mostly an up/down ping or very simple SNMP polling.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: