cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime with fmc

ashleybabajee
Level 1
Level 1

I have read that Cisco prime can manage and push updates/patches to Cisco devices , does Cisco Prime have any vulnerability scanner in built ? , and also can it manage FMC as well  ?

Kindly advise.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Prime Infrastructure is designed primarily for management of wireless, IOS-based switches and routers (and supports ASA software somewhat but not particularly well).

As @balaji.bandi mentioned, Cisco Prime Infrastructure cross references what it knows about the software running on managed devices with Cisco's PSIRT database to produce a report for you. It does not do any sort of vulnerability scanning but rather it does an analysis of the actual running configurations to tell you if:

a. the version has a vulnerability and

b. your configuration is susceptible to that vulnerability

It does not manage Firepower Management Center, Firepower Threat Defense or Firepower service modules in any meaningful way - mostly an up/down ping or very simple SNMP polling.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not believe it support FMC ( i know it support ASA with SFP)

here is the support matrix.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

I believe PI support PSIRT report (not used it, since Cisco smart collector deliver PSIRT for us).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Prime Infrastructure is designed primarily for management of wireless, IOS-based switches and routers (and supports ASA software somewhat but not particularly well).

As @balaji.bandi mentioned, Cisco Prime Infrastructure cross references what it knows about the software running on managed devices with Cisco's PSIRT database to produce a report for you. It does not do any sort of vulnerability scanning but rather it does an analysis of the actual running configurations to tell you if:

a. the version has a vulnerability and

b. your configuration is susceptible to that vulnerability

It does not manage Firepower Management Center, Firepower Threat Defense or Firepower service modules in any meaningful way - mostly an up/down ping or very simple SNMP polling.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card