cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Smart Licensing

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I registered FMC which was successful. However I do not see the Anyconnect, TMP licenses available that were purchased and also showing in the smart account. Do these licenses appear after adding an FTD to the manager or do I need to do something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@keithcclark71 that's correct. Until a device is added and a license type assigned to it, FMC will not attempt to allocate any of the available smart licenses nor will it show them as available. You will only see them in your portal before then.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Correct one you add you FTD into the FMC. Once you added your device. Go to Devices-->Device Management-->Device-->License.

Here youtube video link Cisco showed how to do that.

please do not forget to rate.

Hey Sheeaz what I mean is I registered the FMC to the Cisco smart account which was successful but doing that alone has no put in my other licenses such as any connect and TMP. All available license options say 0 in my FMC. I would think that when you register the FMC to the smart account that at this point all purchased licenses would populate within the FMC . In my case they have not

Lachezar Kemerov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Keith, 

You will not see the licenses in the FMC, unless you've manually assigned them to a device. Your Smart Account will also only show usage for the number of licenses that are assigned to a device in FMC.

In other words, if you expect to see all... let's say 5 AnyConnect, Threat & Malware licenses that you have purchased in the FMC itself, that will only happen if you have 5 devices using them and you've followed the steps from Sheraz to assign the licenses to each device.

ok so the license shown is attached screenshot will not appear in the FMC  until I add the FTD into the FMC then? Even though I registered the FMC to the smart licensed account all license categories in the FMC view say 0 still? Its just throwing me off . I have not added any FTD devices yet to the FMC but based on what you are saying once i do add the FTD to the FMC then those device side licenses will show up in the FMC with the available counts such as anyconnect plus  25 etc

@keithcclark71 that's correct. Until a device is added and a license type assigned to it, FMC will not attempt to allocate any of the available smart licenses nor will it show them as available. You will only see them in your portal before then.

your understanding is correct.

please do not forget to rate.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card