cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy Firepower 2130 running-config to tftp

jreynolds4
Level 1
Level 1

How do I export my Firepower 2130 running-config to tftp server. From the FXOS CLI I entered copy /noconfirm tftp://x.x.x.x/etc. This command attempts to load from the tftp. What command copies to the tftp?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Defence Orchestrator - big blue banner at the top of this page...

Its a Cloud based management tool for security products - ASA, FTD, Meraki(?)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I'm assuming you're running ASA code on that FPR2130?  If it is then its 'copy running-config tftp:'

If its running FTD then you have to use either the FDM or FMC to back it up.  You can show the running config from the CLI though, however you can't push it back in from the CLI.

Andy

Thank you. The Firepower is running FTD. I am managing from FDM for the time being until I move to an FMCv which I have up, but not yet attached. I was attempting to send to tftp from the FXOS command line. I will try to find from where in the FDM I can backup the running-config to my tftp. Thanks again.

I've just tried this on a vFTD from the 'system support diagnostic-cli' and it worked for me.  Not sure how different the 2130 is?

ftdv-3# copy running-config ?

cluster:  Copy to cluster: file system
  disk0:    Copy to disk0: file system
  flash:    Copy to flash: file system
  ftp:      Copy to ftp: file system
  scp:      Copy to scp: file system
  smb:      Copy to smb: file system
  system:   Copy to system: file system
  tftp:     Copy to tftp: file system
ftdv-3# copy running-config tft
ftdv-3# copy running-config tftp:

Source filename [running-config]?

Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.88.90

Destination filename [running-config]?
Cryptochecksum: 823b0aa2 0d581061 b8192ad5 c864910f

11268 bytes copied in 0.200 secs
ftdv-3#

Andy

Thank you so much. I have opted for saving a backup from the FDM. Tried your solution, but I am obviously missing something.

Be aware that you can't just add it to the FMC and it continue to work...

The FMC will wipe the configuration and you'll need to rebuild it on the FMC and then push it to the FTD.

If you're prepared for that then fine, however if its a big configuration you might want to look at CDO.

Andy

Thank you for the warning. I am aware that I have to reconfigure, which is insane. What is CDO?

Cisco Defence Orchestrator - big blue banner at the top of this page...

Its a Cloud based management tool for security products - ASA, FTD, Meraki(?)

Got it. Thanks.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card