cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not see the current time anywhere on FMC v6.4.0 console.

muthumohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can view the current time on FMC console, running v6.4.0?

Looking at the current time is important while analyzing the connection and other events. I could not find time anywhere in FMC.

Please help.

Regards,

Mohan

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC command level Limited access.

If you looking date.

> expert

you get below $ prompt

$date  ( will display the current date and time)

Looking at the current time is important while analyzing the connection and other events. I could not find time anywhere in FMC.

not sure what is the issue here, if you configured correctly the event logs show you with time stamp, make sure both FTD and FMC synch NTP correctly.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you, Balaji. Appreciate your quick reply.

I am aware of the CLI command to view the current time. I was expecting to see the current time somewhere on FMC GUI console. I think it will be useful to know the current time on FMC, even though every event is timestamped. If the admin and the FMC may be located in different time-zones, it comes handy to quickly see what time is on FMC, just for comparison purpose.

Thank you,

Mohan

The Summary dashboard Status tab by default has a "System Time" widget. It will show the FMC's current time (with timezone adjustment applied according to the current user's timezone setting).

Thank you, Marvin. I was hoping to see the current time on the GUI console, at all times. It comes handy for any quick time comparison.

Regards,

Mohan

But you have asked in the orginal post CLI, so i suggested that.

From GUI you can view on dashboard.

Overview-->Dashboard--> Status  ( you can see system time)

below screenshot for exmaple.

image.png

BB

Hi All,

Thank you all for your quick responses. I was hoping to see the current time somewhere on the GUI console, all the time. Just like ISE.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks again.

Mohan

Oh you mean on the top menu bar time and date (make sense )

may be go to feature request.

BB

Yes. Its always good to have the time somewhere on the GUI console, for quick reference.

Thank you, Balaji. Appreciate your replies.

Regards,

Sure Agreed, I Hope the BU team capture and implement in the next patch when this feature valid.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card