cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Slow Boot to login

jschroer
Level 1
Level 1

We have just started to notice with a new set of laptops that when we installed CSA ver. 4.0.3.720 or 4.0.3.728 it takes up to 30 seconds to get the log in screen. These systems are XP fully patched with sp2. I've also started to hear a few other people in our company complaining that it's taking a long time to boot up also and they have XP with all the patches except for SP2. I'm thinking it's one of the patches that MS put out there. But I can't seem to narrow it down. Can anyone help me with this? Or is that normal for it to take 30 secs sitting at the loding windows screen after you load CSA. Thanks

18 Replies 18

Is 4.5 the MC for the Agent? I didn't see a 4.5 agent out there. Does the MC really make that big of a differance? In the pdf it says that it needs W2K server do you know if maybe it can running on a high end W2K Pro machine? That's what we currently have ours running on and I don't have a server I can upgrade to at this time.

Yes, agent and MC. There is a performance difference over 4.0x, and I think 4.5's management is better overall as well.

Not sure about Win2K Pro.

Go here for 4.5: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/csa

Could you direct me to the document on how to move the MC from one machine to another? I got the appoval to get a server licence to move this on. Thanks for the help.

The documentation is included in the install package - just extract the zip.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card