Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

A remote office of ours is using a web server configured on port 9000. I have added the following to our PIX firewall trying to keep the appearance of the web port normal, but I cannot access the site from outside. Where did I go wrong?access-list...

bsisco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I'm trying to validate my configuration before going live and would appreciate if anyone could take a look and make recommendations. I would like to accomplish the following:1. Any External user connects to DMZ web server on port 80 (though...

I have a webserver in a DMZ on a PIX. Here is the config from the PIX for the webserver;access-list dmz2-out deny ip any 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0access-list inside-out permit tcp 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 host 192.168.11.200 eq wwwaccess-list insid...

jwebber by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllOne of the PC in the remote branch is trying to contact a Host in the inside network . Its bascially a telnet software which the client initiates to the host, This is not working. So from the command prompt when you try to telnet to the host , ...

DNATA by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've few enquiries that need your opinion as follows:1. Is it true that communication between dmz areas with same security level configured on each interface will not take place. The only way to have some communication in (ie static routing) in...

I have a question.I have some clients that use old FTP software. I want to know if I want to open up access to an FTP server do I need to open both:allow eq ftpand the high port range from 1024 to 65535I am not sure if the newer IOS requires me to d...

ccaron by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWhat exactly the following commands on PIX do?1. filter java port local_ip mask foreign_ip mask2. filter activex port local_ip mask foreign_ip maskWhat are the benefits of blocking Java & ActiveX on the WebPages? Do they help in reducing the threa...

I've searched and can't seem to find a way to create a user that is only allowed to monitor the PIX via the PDM. I created a user with a Privilege Level of zero, but when I log on as this user via HTTPS, the user has full access to the PDM. How doe...

Daniel M by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to use radius authentication to secure admin access from the inside to my DMZ. DMZ is dual layered with pix on the outside and inside; host being dual homed. The admins want to use terminal services. Does anyone know how to use the pix to for...

jestoner7 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have two remote sites and a frame to our parent companythe tunnel works fine between our remote offices and us but they can not connect to intranet and oracle app at parent site accross frameI have routes on our internal router for the remoted sit...

gcrouch by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to have a PIX box configured to allow traffic to come in one VPN and go back out another VPN? The VPNs would be on the same (outside) interface. I need it to act kind of like a router between two VPNs. Box details:PIX 515 V6.2.

jkemp101 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card