Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 1120 base license fpr ver 7 - snort 3 question

qjamil001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As the title states I have a cisco firepower 1120 with a base license and am running firepower version 7. 

My question is regarding upgrading to snort 3.0 from ver 2. Since I only have the base license would it even matter if I upgrade to snort ver 3.0? Wouldn't I need an additional threat license to take advantage of snort? 

Sorry if question has already been asked or posted somewhere already. Tried googling but can't find a clear answer on licenses.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have only base license it work as expected, you can upgrade to SNORT 3.0 there is no harm, but you need to have advanceed License to use that features. like IPS

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have only base license it work as expected, you can upgrade to SNORT 3.0 there is no harm, but you need to have advanceed License to use that features. like IPS

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Threat subscription/license is required for right to use IPS features - including Snort (either v2 or v3).

More details here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v70/licensing_the_firepower_system.html#reference_C38742BBC6364CA7BA6F6DA4E3A8C6F7

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card