Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 2100 boot image file for reimage

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am planning to do a complete reimage of a firepower 2110 and this include halting the boot process and enter ROMMON

On the ASA with FTD, this requires a boot image file for the initial (bootstrap) setup, but I am not able to find a boot image for the 2100 series. Is this not necessary for the 2100 series or am I looking at the wrong place?

Should I just specify the actual FTD image instead?

Here's is the required parameters needed to be configured in ROMMON and I am curious what I should specify as image

Enter the parameters as follows:

rommon 2 > ADDRESS= address

rommon 3 > NETMASK= netmask

rommon 4 > GATEWAY= gateway

rommon 5 > SERVER= server

rommon 6 > IMAGE= image

Thanks

/Chess

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

example :

rommon 1 > address 10.86.118.4
rommon 2 > netmask 255.255.252.0
rommon 3 > server 10.86.118.21
rommon 4 > gateway 10.86.118.1
rommon 5 > file cisco-asa-fp2k.9.8.2.SPA

here is the steps :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/fxos/troubleshoot/asa-fxos-troubleshoot/system_recovery.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks,

The example is however for the ASA image and not for the FTD. It might be the same, but  what's confusing when reading this guide in the "Perform a Complete Reimage"  section, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/2100/troubleshoot_fxos/b_2100_CLI_Troubleshoot/b_2100_CLI_Troubleshoot_chapter_011.html  is that the ROMMON process is described at step 4. where on Step 10 they mention downloading the FTD package and then install it from FXOS. That got me wonder if there is a different boot file for the first step before actually installing the FTD software.

Thanks

/Chess

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is the example only :

FXOS is based image, FTD is your NGFW Image.

if you are re-image whole kit, you need follow the steps mentioned in the document FXOS and FTD correct.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The FTD2100 image is "all in one".  Unlike the FTD4100 and FTD9300 where you need to upgrade FXOS first before upgrading FTD, the FTD2100 image has both of these built in.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card