Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 2100 series missing in portfolio

andreas.fuchs
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,
I just compared different firepower models 1000 series vs 3000 and I wonder why the 2000 series is missing on the webpage?

https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/products/security/firewalls/index.html

Is the 2000 series soon EOL/EOS ?

Thanks for your feedback

Rgds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 2100 series is only recommended for customers who require that specific model for compliance or other similar reasons. It is not recommended for new opportunities since it won't support software at 7.4+ going forward (as well as its performance being exceeded by the lower end 3100 series at less cost).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ok thanks, any idea why its not "offered" via the portfolio website page?

That is a question Cisco needs to answer.  My best guess would be that they either 1. forgot to include it on the page; 2. are focusing on best selling and latest firewalls

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

AViftrup
Level 1
Level 1

The FPR2100-series is no longer positioned for new opportunities, hence why I guess they removed it from the official sites. 
Instead you should position the high-end FPR1100-series or low-end FPR3100-series as a replacement.

Said between the lines, FPR2100-series will most likely be announced for EoS date sooner than later.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 2100 series is only recommended for customers who require that specific model for compliance or other similar reasons. It is not recommended for new opportunities since it won't support software at 7.4+ going forward (as well as its performance being exceeded by the lower end 3100 series at less cost).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card