Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower and ISE Passive ID license requirement

zacakg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to integrate ISE and FMC for passive authentication. I know that I need advantage license for pxgrid and sgt. But what is the exact number of license requirement for ISE?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what I can tell based other discussions, as well as consulting the current ISE Licensing Guide, pxGrid sharing out of identity information gleaned solely from PassiveID DOES NOT consume or require an ISE Advantage license since the "Trigger of license consumption" is "An endpoint with a RADIUS session connects over pxGrid".

No RADIUS session = no license consumed.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/ise-licensing-guide-og.html#34Licenseconsumption

I've asked the ISE licensing PM to confirm my understanding.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

zacakg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balaji,

We already have ISE. I just wanted to know how much advantage licenses needed for example 100 AD user and 5 AD Group on this integration.

Regards

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what I can tell based other discussions, as well as consulting the current ISE Licensing Guide, pxGrid sharing out of identity information gleaned solely from PassiveID DOES NOT consume or require an ISE Advantage license since the "Trigger of license consumption" is "An endpoint with a RADIUS session connects over pxGrid".

No RADIUS session = no license consumed.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/ise-licensing-guide-og.html#34Licenseconsumption

I've asked the ISE licensing PM to confirm my understanding.

If you already have ISE then you can configure ISE-PIC without any additional licenses as already mentioned by @Marvin Rhoads.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card