cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking to find the setting where I can fix the timezone on FTD 7.2.5

Mogwai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, just looking to find the setting on where I'm able to fix the timezone for time based rules on Cisco FTD 7.2.5.  The setting in question is under FMC>Devices>Device Management>Time Zone setting for Time based Rules:

I've found like 3 or 4 time settings, but none that have actually changed this from UTC to EST & haven't been able to fine a KB or document for this setting.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Herald Sison
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried adding timezone settings in platform settings?

Yes, that is set to EST currently, but didn't have an effect on the setting on the screenshot. 

Setting Your Default Time Zone

This setting determines the times displayed in the web interface for your user account only, for things like task scheduling and viewing dashboards. This setting does not change the system time or affect any other user, and does not affect data stored in the system, which generally uses UTC.

Warning

The Time Zone function (in User Preferences) assumes that the system clock is set to UTC time. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM TIME. Changing the system time from UTC is NOT supported, and doing so will require you to reimage the device to recover from an unsupported state.

Procedure

Step 1

From the drop-down list under your user name, choose User Preferences.

Step 2

Click Time Zone.

Step 3

Choose the continent or area that contains the time zone you want to use.

Step 4

Choose the country and state name that corresponds with the time zone you want to use.

please see warning before do anything 

Thanks A Lot
MHM

This has been changed, but didn't change the setting in the screenshot. 

I am confused why cisco allowed this feature to be accessible to users when in the first place this may cause some trouble if you change the timezone. They should have disabled this one.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Mogwai what screenshot are you referencing in your earlier replies?

As noted, the only places you can change timezone are in the timezone used for time-based rules (1) and your FMC user time zone which affects views in tables (2).

The underlying system time is not changeable in any supported way as the warning shared by @MHM Cisco World indicates. One does not have access to change that via FMC or via normal cli configuration ('configure network..." etc.). Since the appliances are all based on Linux with a user-accessible root shell you can change just about anything - but should not!

If I read this post correctly, you are trying to change the time zone to use it then on some time-based rules? if this is correct, then what you would need to do is creating the interested time zone in the platform settings applied to the device in question, and then select that created time zone and push the changes to the device. This will change the default UTC time zone to the one you created. You can also create a time zone object from within the FMC and then push it to the device. Once the time zone is created you would need to create the time range object in the FMC, and then reference the time range to the security rules.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card