cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower - Error applying Access Control Policy

justinparsons
Level 1
Level 1

Having just upgraded to 5.3.1.4 (19) i'm trying to apply Access Control Policy, nothing fancy just a new un-configured policy.  When I click apply to device after about a minute I get an error as follows:

Access Control Policy Apply Error

The access control policy failed to apply because the policy could not be exported.

Nothing shows up in the task queue!

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the target devices also upgraded to a compatible level?

All devices have been upgraded along with the device centre.

Thanks for your response.

One thing you might try before opening a TAC case - remove and then re-add one of the target devices from the FireSIGHT Management Center and then try to reapply the policy.

I've seen customers report similar behavior that was resolved by taking that step.

Device removed and re-added same result!

Did you get a resolution?  I am having the same issue with 5.3.1. 

Access Control Policy Apply Error

The access control policy failed to apply because the policy could not be exported.

This was installed last April and it had been fine.  Applying the policies has never been an issue.

Hi

Our problems started when we had a failed upgrade that was restated, we thought everything had been fixed but it would appear that the upgrade didn’t complete as it should.  The decision was taken to re-install to the latest version as we had only just implemented the system and was still in the development stage.

Sorry I don’t have better news.

Justin

pazzi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, maybe also try creating a new ACP and apply that.

Was the original ACP imported, builtin or newly created?

Paul

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card