Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from ASA 8.4 to 9.5

Wajma_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am replacing existing ASA 5520 8.4 firewall with ASA 5545X 9.5, I am migrating the configuration from the existing firewall to the new one. What I have done so far, I have extracted the 8.4 configuration and applied it on the 9.5 section by section. The configuration seems matching when I check on the ADSM. I still have to connect it and test but before doing so, is there any issue that I should be watching for any specific difference the I should be aware of. Just to mention I had configured the new firewall when it was version 9.4 and then I upgraded to 9.5.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't think these should be any major change between the ASA 8.4 and 9.x code other than the unitfied ACL for IPv4 and IPv6.

Rest most of the Firewall (ACL , NAT etc) should be the same in these code versions.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't think these should be any major change between the ASA 8.4 and 9.x code other than the unitfied ACL for IPv4 and IPv6.

Rest most of the Firewall (ACL , NAT etc) should be the same in these code versions.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

hi,

what do you mean by "unitfied ACL for IPv4 and IPv6." ? I am not using IPV6 addresses.

Hi Abhradeep,

Support for unified ACL for IPv4 and IPv6 means that you can haves ACLs with mic of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for source and destination addresses.

For more details you can refer: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa90/configuration/guide/asa_90_cli_config/acl_extended.html#pgfId-1046350

Hope it helps!!!

Thanks,

R.Seth

Mark the answer as correct if it helps in resolving your query!!!

Wajma_2
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for  the quick response.

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card