Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firepower services

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask. What if I haven't installed the image of firepower services meaning I don't have GUI for Firepower for configuration. Is the services of firepower is running?. I mean all the AV, IPS or what ever the firepower is bundled. Sorry for this kind of question I'm still confuse on how cisco firewall works and how to configure it. Thank you for your help. 

Regards,

Michelle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Depending on what ASA you have it is either a software module or a hardware module.  The software module can be administered from the ASDM or FireSIGHT.

The FirePOWER services will be running on the software module (which has its own CPU) but what features you will be able to use is based on which licenses you have purchased and installed.

So in short, The actual software on the module is running when the ASA is powered up but you will not be able to access it without additional configuration, and traffic is not redirected without additional configuration.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Depending on what ASA you have it is either a software module or a hardware module.  The software module can be administered from the ASDM or FireSIGHT.

The FirePOWER services will be running on the software module (which has its own CPU) but what features you will be able to use is based on which licenses you have purchased and installed.

So in short, The actual software on the module is running when the ASA is powered up but you will not be able to access it without additional configuration, and traffic is not redirected without additional configuration.

--

--

syeda3
Level 1
Level 1

Please review the below urls which might be useful for your inquiry.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-firepower-services/at-a-glance-c45-732426.pdf

For Configuration of a Firepower Services Module please see below url.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-firepower-services/118644-configure-firepower-00.html

Hope to help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card