Replies

Firepower stuck during install

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I wanted to install asasfr-sys-7.0.4-55. on PID: ASA5516

system install ftp://10.20.210.5/asasfr-sys-7.0.4-55.pkg

The install process reached 77% and then got stucked.

asasfr-sys-7.0.4-55 77%[+++++=========> ] 966.78M --.-KB/s eta 17m 58s

I've then stop the session and reconnected back.

However, now after running session sfr console I receive blank screen.

session sfr console
Opening console session with module sfr.
Connected to module sfr. Escape character sequence is 'CTRL-^X'.

Any ideas how can I get firepower console back?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No you wont be able to see the progress how much is download/ed. Best you can do is once download is started go grab a few cup of coffees take some rest and come back in few hours (6-8 hours) by this time it will be done.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ASA 9.16(x)/ASDM 7.16(x)/Firepower 7.0.0/7.0.x is the final version for the ASA FirePOWER module on the ASA 5516-X.

The 5516-X series take long time to install the SFR software. try to uninstall and re-install it.

Install and Configure a FirePOWER Services Module on an ASA Platform - Cisco

please follow this above guide again and give plenty of time for 5516 to install the software as it take long time.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with @Sheraz.Salim - I have seen these take upwards of 2 hours to install.

Should I be able to see a progress bar with %?

I've tried with different version now - system install ftp (..) asasfr-sys-6.6.5-81.pkg

I could see the 

Verifying
Downloading

But now only see the dots 

Thanks

No you wont be able to see the progress how much is download/ed. Best you can do is once download is started go grab a few cup of coffees take some rest and come back in few hours (6-8 hours) by this time it will be done.

I usually rely on the FTP server log to monitor the download progress. Once download completes it will write to disk, verify the checksum and then begin installing.

In TITAN FTP I can see the session activity but don't see the progress with % or info how much data has been transferred already for the specific session.

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

One of my biggest frustrations with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense is when deployment gets stuck. Normally 1-3 minutes is all it takes to deploy change after making it but once you see it go back 5 or 10 you usually have a problem. Some screenshots online have hours and even hundreds of hours basically it never finishes. Usually this is caused by two problems. One you can back off the change in the Firepower Management Console and remake it or two the firewall just needs to be rebooted before doing either you have to stop the job from deploying.

Cisco.jpeg
First we run Omniquery.pl

admin@myfmc:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification;" | grep "\ 7\ "
Then we get the results and take the uuid

| 7 | task:category.149 | 000000610000BD2B000244600005009E | |
Take that uuid and enter it in this delete query

admin@myfmc:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e 'delete from notification where uuid=unhex("000000610000BD2B000244600005009E");'
Now check again to make sure its gone

admin@myfmc:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification;" | grep "\ 7\ "
Sometimes the process above needs to be repeated a few times but once clean I usually reboot both my firewalls in the HA pair and then re deploy. Those of us who were in the early days of Firepower 6.x remember it often but this doesn’t happen much anymore but when it does its nice to have the fix above.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

@RachelGomez161999 you having issues with pushing the policies (deployment issues) where as the original question is the SFR taking long time to build up/installation issue.

FMC/FTD 7.x the deployment time is much faster compare to old software 6.x/5.x

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card