Views
Helpful
Replies

FireSight device serial numbers

pick25690
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to extract a list of all devices and there serial numbers from FMC? We are using FireSight 5.4 version of software.

Thanks,

Dan 

9 Replies 9

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not as of that version.

With some scripting expertise you may be able to construct an API query with the more recent versions. However it's probably easier to just click through the GUI and copy them down if you're not handy with scripting.

Hi Marvin, 

Thanks for the reply, in the end we managed to get one of our SQL guys to extract it from a table on the FMC. 

Regards,

Dan 

That's awesome. Can you post up the sql query?

Hello Dan,

Sorry to drag this thread up again but I have a similar requirement. Could you be so kind as to let me know how you achieved this? Did you use Omniquery.pl in a similar fashion to this... (but with different tables and columns of course)?

OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification where body like '%MY-FTD%' ;"

Any help you can provide is VERY much appreciated!
Best regards,
Matt.

stevego
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Serial number column is on "sensor" table, on your FMC CLI give it a try at the following mysql query:

mysql -padmin sfsnort -e "select serial_number,ip,name,model columns from sensor"

Hi stevego,

That's really useful! Thank you!

It's a shame the FMC refers to some other serial number (rather than what is displayed when you issue the "show inv" command from CLI) but that's a really cool command to know!

Cheers,

Matt.

As a followup/addition, you can also use OmniQuery.pl for this:

OmniQuery.pl -db sfsnort -e "select serial_number,ip,name,model columns from sensor ;"
-Brett Lykins
#ciscochampion

Hi

The OmniQuery.pl -db sfsnort -e "select serial_number,ip,name,model columns from sensor ;" string will show the JAD.... serial number.

Do any on you wither have a list of the Tables avilable from within the FMC like "sensor" in the example above, or do anyone know how to get the table like above but with the FTD Serial number e.g. show inventory PID: ASA5516 , VID: V05 , SN: JMX1941XXXX

So what i am interested in is the JMX serial number, is that something you are able to Fitch from the FMC?

br Kevin

@Brett Lykins ........ it works for me !!!! thanks a lot Engginner !!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card