cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Managed FTD Device CLI Password

Lee Dress
Level 1
Level 1

I have an FTD device that is managed through FMC and working properly.

I'm trying to log in to the console port as "admin" but the passwords we use here are not working.

the default Admin123 also does not work.

is there any direction someone can point me to figure out what the reason is, or how to recover?

the device works fine and is not having any management issues, but if I need the CLI for some reason, it would be good to know the admin password.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have working FMC-based management, you could add external authentication (RADIUS), making sure to select to use it for ssh access. Then an externally-authenticated account with admin access could log in and change the local admin password.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hope you have not setup AAA

then you may try reset as below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118631-technote-firesight-00.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Lee Dress
Level 1
Level 1

For FTD devices run on Firepower 1000/2100/3100, you must reimage the device. See the Cisco FXOS Troubleshooting Guide for the Firepower 1000/2100 Series Running Firepower Threat Defense for the Reimage Procedure on these platforms.

That's not doable.  I'll have to live without CLI/Console access if that's the case. the device is in production.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have working FMC-based management, you could add external authentication (RADIUS), making sure to select to use it for ssh access. Then an externally-authenticated account with admin access could log in and change the local admin password.

Lee Dress
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Marvin,

I'll give that a shot.  I can build a Radius server in the environment.

a little less intrusive than a reimage

Add to that you can not access via SSH using local username/password as I know.

You need external server for any access via SSH.

What make me more sure a point this point in fmc platform you can config ssh port and ip can access via ssh but not password.

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card