Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Reset Hit count

shabeeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Im trying to find a way to reset the Hit counts on my access control policies. Is this feature available or am i missing something. Everytime i click refresh, the counter changes, but never resets.

Any advices?

TIA, 

Shabeeb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As of FMC 6.6 it's not currently a supported feature. (incorrect)

Correct answer:

Select the rule (or rules) in the Analyze Hit count window and right click. There you are given the option to clear the hit count.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As of FMC 6.6 it's not currently a supported feature. (incorrect)

Correct answer:

Select the rule (or rules) in the Analyze Hit count window and right click. There you are given the option to clear the hit count.

Thanks Marvin.
Fingers crossed for the upcoming releases.

Sorry - I was wrong. See my revised post.

Hi @Marvin Rhoads Marvin, do know how to do this via FMC or CLI for FTD?

@CiscoPurpleBelt in the FMC GUI right click on the rule you want to clear the hitcount for once you have called up the Analyze hit count window:

FMC Clear hitcount.png

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Just to add what Marvin said.

It's also possible via the FTD CLI by using the command clear access-list <ACL name> counters

This will reset the counters for all rules in the ACL, so it might be faster if you want to reset the counters for all rules and not just for a specific rule.

/Chess

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card