Replies

FMCv 7.0.5: Error message: DNS_Malc0de - Failed to download from http

swscco001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

our customer has a FMCv running 7.0.5.

Under Health/Events the error message:
"DNS_Malc0de - Failed to download from http://malc0de.com/bl/IP_Blacklist.txt: Not Found (404)"
was logged each five minutes (see attached).

There is no useful information in the WWW how to get rid of this error message.

What can I do to solve this issue.

Every hint is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Bye
R.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From FMC. Go to Policies--Access Control-->Access Control Policy--->here select your interested access-policy For example in my case Secure-AC-->Security-Intelligence

here you will see all the security-interlligence object are called try to look for your one its seem your one is manual defined. if you dont find it click on the "DNS Policy" it will open a another new windows now look there your URL and delete it. it will fix the issue.

as reference have a look on this Here 

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

From FMC. Go to Policies--Access Control-->Access Control Policy--->here select your interested access-policy For example in my case Secure-AC-->Security-Intelligence

here you will see all the security-interlligence object are called try to look for your one its seem your one is manual defined. if you dont find it click on the "DNS Policy" it will open a another new windows now look there your URL and delete it. it will fix the issue.

as reference have a look on this Here 

Hi Sheraz,

I have deleted the "DNS_Malc0de" from the DNS Policy that is used for all devices in the Security Intelligence and let run the deployment for all devices but the mentined error message persists!

Is there still something I can do to get rid of this error message?

Thanks a lot!

Bye
R.

Hi swscco001. could you please confirm the timestamp are correct might be it is the same  old log show up again and confusing it?

Hi Sheraz,

the timestamp of the error message in the Health Monitor is from today.

The  DNS_Malc0de is not included in the DNS-Policy used (see attached)

Seems that is difficult to get rid of this error message.

Is there something I can try?

Thanks a lot!

Bye
R.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card