Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Searching for a consistent method for mechanizing day2 task

Hello,   

Essentially an ordinary DC climate, there could be numerous spines switches. I'm searching for a method for robotizing the Day2 tasks where I can move the heap from one spine to other. To do this, I want to arrange (or obliterate) course maps/access-list and so forth. I maintain that this should be consistent, ie there ought not be free time, So I'm thinking about a smart approach to steadily change the setup, rather than tearing the entire config and once again designing. Consider this like vtysh config (CISCO switch like) of FRRouting. So essentially my switch is arranged with some X config and I have Y config, first I find the diff among X and Y and afterward apply those changes. During applications and expulsion the succession matters, similar to I can't have any significant bearing say a course map when it's not made at this point. Is there any structure accessible to take transformation/motivation ? Or on the other hand is there any apparatus to do this all alone? I think not to re-develop the wheel. So we have a method for finding the diff between the setups, yet re-application part is hard to comprehend. The reapplication succession appears to be vital, can't understand.   Ballsportsgear

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hello,

It seems like you're looking for a solution to automate the process of moving the load from one spine switch to another in a data center environment, without causing any downtime. You would also like to have a way to find the differences between two configurations (X and Y) and apply the changes in the correct sequence.

To achieve this goal, you may consider using Cisco's Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) or a similar network automation tool. NSO can help you automate the configuration and management of your network devices, including applying changes in the correct sequence. It supports various network devices, including Cisco switches, and can work with different configuration types.

Here's a high-level approach you can follow:

1. Use NSO or a similar network automation tool to manage your network devices.
2. Develop a custom Python script or a similar programming language to find the differences between the current configuration (X) and the new configuration (Y). You can use existing libraries or tools to parse and compare the configurations.
3. Based on the differences found, create a sequence of configuration changes that need to be applied. Ensure that the sequence is correct and does not cause any downtime during the changes.
4. Use the NSO API or CLI to apply the configuration changes to the network devices in the correct sequence.

By following this approach, you can automate the Day2 tasks of moving the load from one spine switch to another, without causing any downtime. Additionally, you can also use NSO or similar tools to monitor the status of your network devices, rollback configurations, and perform other network management tasks.

Please note that the implementation details might vary depending on your specific network setup and requirements. You may need to consult the documentation of the network automation tool (e.g., Cisco NSO) and the specific libraries or tools you choose to work with.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card