Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Upgrade - 6.2.3

#TCN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community 

I'm running into an upgrade issue  - I'm looking to see if any anyone has come across such an error when upgrading "FTD (41XX)"  from 6.2.3 >>>> 6.6.x - see below 

Upgrade_status.log

-----------------------
PERCENT:[ 3%] MESSAGE:Fatal error: Error running script 000_start/101_run_pruning.pl
for more details see /ngfw/var/log/sf/Cisco_FTD_SSP_Upgrade-6.6.1/000_start/101_run_pruning.pl.log

101_run_pruning.pl.log
-----------------------
No connection to /ngfw/var/sf/run/diskmanager.sock - Accept queue is full? at /ngfw/usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.10.1/SF/MessageSocket.pm line 1037.

FMC = 6.6.1

FTD = 6.2.3 > plan to upgrade to 6.6.x

The issue appears to be with more than 1 FTD pair 

Currently, upgrades are failing, I suspect this is another bug however I can't quite identify an actual ID 

Cheers

Jim 

5 Replies 5

Hi Jim,

Do the following, to get it working (I didn't find this documented but I
faced this problem and fixed it as follow):

- Upgrade from 6.2.3 to 6.4
- Upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5
- Upgrade from 6.5 to 6.6

***** please remember to rate useful

Hi Mohammed 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I will give that a go, I'm sure I tried a lower patch version (lower than the target destination 6.6.x)  .. I will try your suggested path below.

- Upgrade from 6.2.3 to 6.4
- Upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5
- Upgrade from 6.5 to 6.6

I will update this feed with the results soon.

Cheers

Jim

I dont think upgrading in three steps is necessary, but it might be a good idea to upgrade to 6.4 first and then to 6.6.

Have you upgraded FXOS the the supported version for 6.6 (FXOS 2.8(1.105))

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hello Marius 

Yes the FXOS was upgraded to FXOS 2.8 (1.105)

I am going to try the staged upgrades to see if this is successful or not -just waiting on access to the device.

Cheers

Jim

AurangzebK
Level 1
Level 1

Why dont you re-image the ftd with desired version instead of going through multiple upgrade processes. Re-imaging will be quick and clean. 

All your policies stay with the FMC anyway, just re-deploy them after re-imaging. You would just need to reconfigure interfaces and the routing.

i have done this few times and found this method much easier than going through unreliable step upgrade processes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card