cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can the firewall be routed to satellites?

이미지 006.png

The default routing for the backbone is the firewall.

When I send packets from SW1 to SW2, I want to go through the firewall.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The simple layer2 network is flat , and as such communication between 2 devices on 2 switches can not be aware of intermediate devices, for that (what you ask) you need a changed and or routed. topology. The question in this topology  would be equivalent to asking   : how can I make traffic from port-x to port-y on the same switch go trough  the firewall ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The simple layer2 network is flat , and as such communication between 2 devices on 2 switches can not be aware of intermediate devices, for that (what you ask) you need a changed and or routed. topology. The question in this topology  would be equivalent to asking   : how can I make traffic from port-x to port-y on the same switch go trough  the firewall ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

you're right So I change the network and try to route to the firewall using PBR.

use ASA as transparent mode not router mode

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card