Views
Helpful
Replies

How to collect IPS logs from ASA

Ejaz Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How can I collect IPS logs from ASA? My firewall is ASA 5515x, 9.1(5) with IPS module of version 7.1(4)E4. Please let me know the commands to see the IPS logs, also how can I monitor these logs ?

Regards,

Ejaz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use either:

a. IPS Device Manager (basically ASDM pointed at the IPS address vs. the ASA address and used for real time log viewing and configuraiton)

b. IPS Manager Express (retains logs even when GUI not active, can manage several IPS's), or

c. Cisco Security Manager.

The first two are free tools for single or small IPS installations and the third is a licensed enterprise-scale product.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use either:

a. IPS Device Manager (basically ASDM pointed at the IPS address vs. the ASA address and used for real time log viewing and configuraiton)

b. IPS Manager Express (retains logs even when GUI not active, can manage several IPS's), or

c. Cisco Security Manager.

The first two are free tools for single or small IPS installations and the third is a licensed enterprise-scale product.

Thanks a lot  Marvin for your valuable reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: