cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to search FMC ACLs for an included IP address

sanchezeldorado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Hopefully this is an easy question. In ASDM, I was able to search the ACLs for an IP address. It provided the option to search for "included". In other words if I were to search for 192.168.1.12 and there was an ACL that had 192.168.1.0/24, it should show up. I haven't found how to do this in FMC. Is it possible? Without it, because everything is an object, it's difficult to find what rules are applying to a specific IP. 

Thanks! 

Andy

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Same way in FMC, go to Policies-->access policies, select the access policy rule

there is search rules you can type

the IP give you what rule it used.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

just go to Access policy and when the page loads there is a serach box on the right hand side where you can enter what you are searching for and press enter, also to the left ther is a box wuth i think 3 or 4 little lines if you click on that it brings up only rules that include what you are searching for.

please rate helpful posts

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just daft. Here's a screenshot of my search bar. If I search for an IP address, it only comes up with objects that have that specific IP defined. I'm really looking for ACLs that have any subnets that a specific IP is part of. I don't see the 3 or 4 little lines. benolyndav mentioned. Just to be clear, If I have an acl that includes the destination subnet of 192.168.1.0/24. I want to search for 192.168.1.12 and have the ACL shown that defined the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card