Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS 4240 Configuration

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I installed the cisco ids 4240 ver 4.1.4 s91 in the datacenter. It has 4 giga sniffing ports. After I connected it to the network in IEV i am getting sigid 993 alarm.

What does this error mean?

thanks

1 Reply 1

wsulym
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

993 is a "missed packet" alarm. Containined in the alarm details you'll see a details of missed packets. This alarm will typically fire on an over-subscribed sensor ... too much traffic at times to inspect, thus some packets are dropped. It's very possible that you are exceeding the rated capabilities of the device.

One thing you should definately do is upgrade to the recent service pack 4.1(5)S189 and then apply the S190 signature update. The service pack provides some bug fixes as well as performance enhancements. The current signature package available is S190, you're running S91 - you're almost 100 signature update packages out of date.

You can get the needed files from the following link provided you have a valid service contract, and a valid CCO login ID:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/ciscosecure/ids/crypto/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card