cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip inspect command not supported on 1841 ISR?

promeloni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 1841 ISR. it is running the following image:   

c1841-ipbasek9-mz.124-3d.bin  Version 12.4(1c)

I am trying to set packet inspection rules using "ip inspect" but the command isn't supported either in global config or in interface config.

Looking at the command reference at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/security/d1/sec-d1-cr-book/sec-cr-i2.html#wp1516122127

It suggests that the 'ip inspect' command was introduced in version 11.2

Any idea why this doesn't appear to be supported on my 1841 router?

So far I have the router used behind another (Linksys) router which has a firewall enabled. I would like to eventually use the 1841 as my main router but I need to enable the firewall first.

Thanks in advance,

Sherif

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I think you need to upgrade the IOS on the router to advanced-security/advanced-IP-Services or higher.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hi,

Yes , you can check the license "show license features" and make sure you have the advanced-security/advanced-IP-Services enabled on the router.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Thanks John and Vibhor.  I bought this off of eBay. It only has the IP Base images (with and without the "k9"). I know this router has reached EOL which is why it was cheap.

I've emailed Cisco to inquire about the service contracts. Without the service contract I am unable to download any images from this site. If there is such a thing as buying support for a month, I can pay for it, download all the images I need and I'm all set.

If I can't enable any firewall features then there is no way I am going to use this as my main router; it will remain inside my network for learning purposes.

Thanks again

Sherif

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card