Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS 4270 monitoring configuration issue

jyotirmoy11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have installed new IPS 4270 in our Data Center. It is working with default signature configuration.

Now I want to monitor all the traffic which are going and coming via IPS. So can anyone tel me the tool name and how to configure it, by which I can monitor the traffic/attacks as well.

Note :- I am not able to monitor the incoming and out going traffic/attacks using cisco IDM 6.1.

Please help in this regard's

Reg

Juti

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

If you only have a handfull of sensors then you should be using IME to manage your snesors and watch event traffic. It's free.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/ips/7.0/configuration/guide/ime/ime_getting_started.html

- Bob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

If you only have a handfull of sensors then you should be using IME to manage your snesors and watch event traffic. It's free.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/ips/7.0/configuration/guide/ime/ime_getting_started.html

- Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you  for your reply.

I have downloaded and installed. Now I can perform configuration IPS from IME, But I am not able to monitor traffic events. Can you please help me about  minimum configuration in IME so that I can monitor traffic events...

Now I got "Event monitoring" option but I don't know what to do now, Please help.....

Reg

Juti

Juti -

In the Home Tab you will see what sensors you have connected to IME. Make sure that the "event status" for your sensor says "connected".

In the Event Monitoring Tab, you have a defult set of filters that will block what events you will se. To see all the events:

in the Filter Name pull down, select "none". In the Time: bar, select the last 10 HOURS (default is minutes) and press the "Apply" button.

- Bob

Dear Bob,

Where I have installed IME that is Windows 7, So is there any OS compatibility issue with IME..

Juti

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card