Helpful
Replies

Ise guest portal hotspot error

shaikh.zaid22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are runnning cisco 2 ise nodes as pri/sec with ver 3.1.0.518 patch 1

when i am connecting to a guest portal the client gets Hotspot error server cannot be reached. However, the clients and ISE guest network is in differet subnets able to reach each other via ping and traceroute. Howeverm when am doing a telnet from the client pc on ise guest ip on port 8443 the pcap shows Reset form ISE.

Same telnet on port 443 is working fine. verified on the firewall the ACL allows the commn. but guest portal not opens.

Any guidance pls 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Is this a virtual or physical ISE?

Do you by chance have more than 1 interface selected under the allowed interfaces section?  If yes, try just using one interface.  I have had this issue when I have selected Eth0 and Eth1, when removing Eth1 it worked.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Hi Marius,

Absolutely correct. I had 3 interfaces selected under portals page, as soon as i deselected the not required ones. 

It started working. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Is this a virtual or physical ISE?

Do you by chance have more than 1 interface selected under the allowed interfaces section?  If yes, try just using one interface.  I have had this issue when I have selected Eth0 and Eth1, when removing Eth1 it worked.

--

Hi Marius,

Absolutely correct. I had 3 interfaces selected under portals page, as soon as i deselected the not required ones. 

It started working. 

Cheers

Great to hear.  Could you please select my answer as the correct answer since it helped with your issue.  Thanks.

--
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card