Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues downloading a FMC troubleshooting file generated from CLI

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm having  issues login to the FMC GUI and need to generate a troubleshooting file from the CLI and send it to TAC.

I have generated the file using the sf_troubleshoot.pl command from expert mode, but when trying to download the file from my desktop, Filezilla is giving me the following error:

"FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server" 

I'm getting the same error trying to connect to another FMC as well, so it might be an issue with client.

I'm using the FMC admin account in Filezilla, so it shouldn’t be a permission issue.

Is there another SCP/SFTP client for Windows that is working with FMC? 

Thanks

/Chess

Edit. I got it to work with WinSCP. I also needed to add the following command in expert mode  usermod --shell /bin/bash admin

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-management-center/217270-download-files-from-fmc-and-ftd.html 

2 Replies 2

lciccare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Chess Norris .

Is the issue resolved? 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

You can also learn more about Cisco Secure Firewall (formerly known as NGFW) through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Network Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-network-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4416493] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Kind regards,

Luca

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Right, in both cases the issues is that the clish interface is not a bash or other proper Unix shell. It's an overlay that hides the OS your application is expecting. Using the work around in the thread you linked fixes that for purposes of scp.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card