Views
Helpful
Replies

It's possible to reload SNMP service on Cisco FTD 2120

chanthornloeurt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community 

I'm using PRTG monitoring to monitor Cisco FTD 2120 for all VPN traffic and device status, but right now we've faced an issue with PRTG couldn't morning VPN Traffic anymore due to an SNMP service error on Cisco FTD 2120, VPN Connection, and the device is active as normal (Error message on PRTG: There is no active connection for this remote IP address. code: PE123). So there is a way to restart the SNMP service on Cisco FTD or not?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After we upgrade FTD from version 6.7.0.2 to 7.0.4 our issue has been fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Divya Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can restart the snmp service using this command on the FTD:
#pmtool restartbyid snmpd

Although i would also suggest to troubleshoot the error. You can refer to this doc, might help : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/213971-configure-snmp-on-firepower-ngfw-applian.html

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Secure Firewall (formerly known as NGFW) through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Network Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-network-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4416493] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Regards
Divya Jain

Dear support,
If we try this command(#pmtool restartbyid snmpd) it affects live traffic?

I'm using Cisco FTD 2120 running version 6.7.0.2 and managed by FMC 6.7.0.3 I have the PRTG Monitoring tool running which worked fine so far. There was a sensor configured to collect data for VPN Traffic. I used OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.21.1.10

Last two weeks ago the PRTG Monitoring showed wrong data indicating that the device is down and the VPN traffic is down but actually FTD device and VPN traffic is working as normal. Can someone confirm the issue coming from?

After we upgrade FTD from version 6.7.0.2 to 7.0.4 our issue has been fixed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card