cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging in to Standby PIX

vanagon2tdi
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if i can login to my seconday (standby ) PIX that i have setup for failover? It is also the inactive one.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fedrodri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sure you can... Just access it, or login to the failover IP address that you have configured (with the 'failover ip address inside a.a.a.a' command! If you are trying to login via SSH, you might need to manually generate the RSA keys into it:

ca zeroize rsa

ca generate rsa key

!-- could take a value like 512, 1024 or 2048; the bigger the longer it would take to generate it.

ca save all

Well, I hope this information helps!

Federico Rodriguez

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

fedrodri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sure you can... Just access it, or login to the failover IP address that you have configured (with the 'failover ip address inside a.a.a.a' command! If you are trying to login via SSH, you might need to manually generate the RSA keys into it:

ca zeroize rsa

ca generate rsa key

!-- could take a value like 512, 1024 or 2048; the bigger the longer it would take to generate it.

ca save all

Well, I hope this information helps!

Federico Rodriguez

I have that command in and i am unable to telnet to the inactive PIX.

From my router directly connected to it I can telnet to the inactive PIX, but not from my LAN. My LAN can ping it and login to the primary PIX but not the secondary?

D

Got it figured out. I had to reset my RSA key as i just went through a failover.

Cheers!

D

Well, glad to hear that you got it working!!!

Cheers!

Federico Rodriguez

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card