cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual FTD upgrade from FMC not longer possible?

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I just upgraded FMC to version 7.2.6 and want to upgrade a FTD H/A pair next. However, I can only select "unattended mode", which will copy the upgrade file to the FTD and then run the readiness check. I would prefer to do those steps manually, but cannot find any options to do that anymore.

Edit. Newer mind. Found it. Just following the steps in wizard instead of selecting unattended mode.

Capture.JPG

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Indeed - either method is supported.

I just upgraded to 7.2.6 from 7.2.5 and when I used unattended it ran the compatibility check and said it pased; however, when I tried to proceed in the top left corner it said failed. When I unchecked the slider for Compatibility check it allowed me to proceed manually without using unattended. Is this supposed to be the way? I'll find out sunday as now I have to upgrade to 7.2.7 from 7.2.6 because there's a bug that can cause a boot loop and 7.2.6 has been pulled from the repo.

We're you able to run the readiness check prior to upgrading as a separate step? I would like to run it before my maintenance windows to make sure everything is okay like I used to.

Yes you run readiness check before upgrading.  When you select the software and device to upgrade, there is a button you can click to run the readiness check next to / under the device you previously selected.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

both attended and unattended are supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/upgrade/management-center/740/upgrade-management-center-741/upgrade-threat-defense.html

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card