Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration Firepower FMC to FDM

Amna Omar
Level 1
Level 1

hello
Please, I need to migration FTD from FMC to FDM, because I facing many problems in Vmware, my question, what do I need to do to manage locally? which steps to migration to FDM?
and what about configuration? Will I lose all configuration and management configuration?

9 Replies 9

@Amna Omar unfortunately there is no migration from FMC to FDM. You will lose the configuration and therefore you will need to re-setup everything (policies, interfaces, NAT etc).

You don't need anything else to manage the device locally, you just connect to the FDM webpage.

I have a backup configuration file for FDM I was taking before migration to FMC,

Currently, will I can back to FDM and restore the configuration file ? if Yes, which steps to restore FDM configuration?
and about licenses was disabled when migrate to FMC, Could I activation licenses when back to FDM?

Thank you,

@Rob Ingram 

I have a backup configuration file for FDM I was taking before migration to FMC,

Currently, will I can back to FDM and restore the configuration file ? if Yes, which steps to restore FDM configuration?
and about licenses was disabled when migrate to FMC, Could I activation licenses when back to FDM?

Thank you,

@Amna Omar if you have an old backup file when running FDM, then convert the FTD local FDM management (using the steps Marvin provided). Login to FDM GUI, go to "Backup and Restore", then upload the old backup file and restore. Once complete, connect to smart licensing.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to what @Rob Ingram correctly noted, the procedure to do so is to go into the FTD cli shell (clish) and then run:

configure manager delete (wait for prompt to return - it will take a few minutes)

configure manager local (wait about 5 minutes and then you should be able to browse to FDM using https://<management IP>

Thank you,

@Marvin Rhoads 

Thank you,

I converted a 1010 FTD off FMC to FDM.  I can do a ping system <desktop> and that works fine.  I cannot ping the FTD or access the webpage.   Was wondering if there is something I need to configure in FXOS....  Thoughts?

Go into the FTD cli (not FXOS - if your login takes you to FXOS, then first "connect ftd") and "configure manager local".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card