cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Module Disk Usage: High unmanaged disk usage on /Volume.

Enid Vallja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a critical notification on my Sourcefire - Health Monitor. 

It says "Module Disk Usage: High unmanaged disk usage on /Volume" even though the Sourcefire has a lot of free memory.

Please tell me what can I do with the "/Volume" directory to free some memory.

Best regards,

Enid.

21 Replies 21

Hello Barret,

I am facing the same issue on Cisco ASA5555. Please advise.

Thanks.

I’ve found this log file that’s 14GB in size:

process_stderr.log

Under /Volume/6.5.0/log

Can you please tell me this is OK to remove?

m.trautes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

have you any solution - i have the same error since 2 Days.

Mike

Hello Sir,

We gave you all possible commands so that you could fix it your own. If you still see the alarm then please open up a TAC case, we will take a look to the logs and help you fix the problem. Webex is always good and gives us more insight to the issue.

Regards,

Dv

Hello Mike,

Well, I opened a TAC Case and after some lookups they notice something:

The SFR Module is running v5.4.0 however the Defense Center managing it is running v5.4.1.
Also the SFR Module is hitting the following bug: CSCuv99982 - Hardcoded 2GB memcap for RNA and AppId - https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv99982/?reffering_site=dumpcr this is fixed starting on 5.4.0.6 or 5.4.1.5.
Enid.

So I am experiencing this same exact issue on one of my modules that currently on 6.3.0.3. Attempting to upgrade to 6.4.0 and it failed about 35% of the way. I followed the directions in clearing out space and ran the pmtoool followed by reboots of the module and FMC without success. One thing I did notice was that the /Volume directory now has a 6.3.0 and a 6.4.0 directory with over 15GB of data each, but it's still on 6.3.0.3. Would it be safe to remove the 6.4.0 directory, run the pmtool, reboot (if necessary) and run the upgrade again?

Nevermind, I took the risk and removed the entire directory, ran the pmtool and that fixed it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: