Views
Helpful
Replies

module SFR 5.4.0

h.infotronique1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi; 

i want to re-image my module SFR; i have asasfr-5500x-boot-5.4.0-763 in an ASA 5512-x ( Version 9.2(2)4 ) the module SFR is up now and i activate a licence for URL feltring and AMP and IPS, if i do re-image him to asasfr-5500x-boot-6.0.0-1005; do i'll loose the licence i have or i'll keep it, and do shall i  upgrade my ASA 5512-x image?

thanks.

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your IPS, AMP and URL license is applied at the Management center, so you can re-image the Firepower module without having to reissue licenses. You should be able to directly upgrade to 6.0 version without a re-image. If you prefer to re-image, one suggestion would be to remove the device from the Manager and re-add them after you have imaged with 6.0.

Also, according the compatibility guide, the recommended versions for ASA with Firepower 6.0 are:

9.4(2) and later
9.5(1.5) and later
9.6(1) and later

thank you for your reply

i was wondering if you can tell me how i update sfr without re-image?

You can use the Firepower Management Center (FMC) to update both the FMC and the Firepower sensor. Follow the steps to upgrade here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/relnote/firepower-system-release-notes-version-600.html#pgfId-378780

thank you very much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card