Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple NAT For One IP address on ASA

parvezahmad90
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In cisco ASA firewall. we have four interfaces. The details are given below.

gig0/0 ---- inside

gig0/1 --- outside

gig0/2 --- DMZ

I have one IP address/host (10.1.1.1/32) in inside.

Below is the requirements.

1. When this host(10.1.1.1/32) will go to outside it should translate to 220.123.21.1/32.

2. When this host(10.1.1.1/32) will go to DMZ it should translate to 10.1.1.1/32.

I am running ASA version 9.1.

Please advise do we need to create two natting object or is there any other way?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you dont have any ACL configured on the DMZ interface then you naturally have to add an ACL on the interface and allow and block the traffic you need. Without the ACL the traffic will keep getting blocked.

NAT alone would not accomplish anything and as I said its not needed.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You list three interfaces even though you mention there is four. Then again I guess that doesnt matter much in this case.

If we presume that you have close to default configuration on the ASA then to achieve what you are asking for simply requires you to configure Static NAT for the "inside" to "outside" traffic of the server

object network SERVER

host 10.1.1.1

nat (inside,outside) static 220.123.21.1

You dont have to configure any NAT for "inside" to "DMZ" as you seem to want the "inside" host to be visible with its original IP address rather than NAT it.

On the new software levels of 8.3+ you dont need to perform NAT between your local interfaces if you dont want to specifically NAT those address between the interfaces.

Would have to see the current configurations to say for sure

- Jouni

Hi,

By the way fourth interface used for failover.

Unfortunatily, some users are in DMZ and DMZ has severity level 50.

These DMZ users want to access IP address 10.1.1.1.

The traffic is coming from lower securtiy-level to higher security-level.

Regrads,

Hi,

If you dont have any ACL configured on the DMZ interface then you naturally have to add an ACL on the interface and allow and block the traffic you need. Without the ACL the traffic will keep getting blocked.

NAT alone would not accomplish anything and as I said its not needed.

- Jouni

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card