cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC agent does not recognize windows updates

matt-wright
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with windows update through the NAC agent (clean access).  I recently installed updates on my computer, but after the restart, it still prompted me with the "Download updates from microsoft" prompt.  However, there are no updates to download, I am 100% up to date, and clicking the update just locks up the agent and it does nothing.  I have let it run for 4 hours and no change.  My agent version is 4.7.2.10 and I am running Windows 7 64 bit.  I have tried uninstalling the updates in various ways, system restoring, etc, and nothing works.  Most computers on the network are experiencing no problems while others have the same issue.  I have attached a log file in .zip format if it needs to be in another format please respond.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Reply 1

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Matt,

Is this for all machines or certain ones?

From the logs you provided, this snippet is interesting too:

Package type is WSUS but check is against a rule

Are you linking your WSUS requirement with a rule? If so, can you un-link it, since WSUS doesn't need to be linked with a rule.

HTH,

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: