cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Guest Server, How to change the password for a single user?

jennyjohn
Level 1
Level 1

We have a NAC Guest Server which creates a complex password for all new users created.

We would like to have normal/simple password for a single user. How can I get this done on a NAC Guest Server.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can setup 3 different flavours of passwords:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_guestpol.html#wp1063249.

a. Username Policy 1 - Email address as username

Use the guest's email address as the username. If an overlapping account with the same email address exists, a random number is added to the end of the email address to make the username unique. Overlapping accounts are accounts that have the same email address and are valid for an overlapping period of time.

b. Username Policy 2 - Create username based on first and last names

Create a username based on combining the first name and last name of the guest. You can set a Minimum username length for this username from 1 to 20 characters (default is 10). User names shorter than the minimum length are padded up to the minimum specified length with a random number.

c. Username Policy 3 - Create random username

Create a username based upon a random mixture of Alphabetic, Numeric or Other characters. Type the characters to include to generate the random characters and the number to use from each set of characters.

Note: The total length of the username is determined by the total number of characters included.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks Tiago,

But you have provided the details of creating the username. Our requirement is to manually set a password for a single user.

The link does mention about setting password policy, but it affects all the users created on the NAC Guest Server. We are looking for an option to change for a single user.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you can enable these options:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_guestpol.html#wp1069171.

Then the Guest user can change the password when logging in.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Tiago,

i am doing webauth on the anchor wlc and added NGS as radius server on the WLC. authentication works fine. but the password change is not prompted. For this to work, is it mandatory that i use the NGS as an external webauth server and point the WLAN to the NGS hotspot or custom page ?

regards

Joe

sprosons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could I check if you ever got this working as I have the same request and haven't got very far. I have created web pages for the login and password change but the java widgets don't appear on the page. Everything looks as per the manual and all the paths look OK.

Cheers

Steve

hi sprosons,

Where did you put the below code ? Did you make another webauth bundle with just the below code ? or added the below code for the default WLC webauth bundle ? Appreciate if you can provide some details. I never saw this code snippet in the PDF NGS 2.0 config guide which i have !! dont know how the html code is not coming when i saved the config guide as pdf !

"

regards

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card